ATTORNEY | MEDIATOR
Larissa has a passion for using mediation to resolve family conflicts and transitions. She has always enjoyed working with families and particularly with people who are going through emotionally challenging experiences. Larissa strives to create understanding – between family members and about the law – so that her clients can make the best decisions for themselves with all of the information that they need.
Larissa graduated magna cum laude from Harvard University with an award for excellence in her study of Ancient Greek and her commitment to public service. Larissa graduated cum laude from Georgetown University Law Center with an award for Outstanding Domestic Violence Clinic Participant and a Dean’s Certificate in recognition of special and outstanding service to the law center community. During law school, Larissa was also an editor for the The Tax Journal.
Prior to joining Sawyer Mediation, Larissa was a litigation associate at Kasowitz, Benson, Torres & Friedman LLP’s New York office, where part of her practice was devoted to pro bono family law cases involving domestic violence. She was also a law clerk to the Honorable Donald M. Middlebrooks of the United States District Court in the Southern District of Florida. Before going to law school, Larissa worked as a family law paralegal.
- Harvard University, A.B., magna cum laude
- Georgetown University Law Center, J.D., cum laude
- Alternative Dispute Resolution coursework, Georgetown University Law Center, 2006
- Basic Mediation Training & Apprenticeship, New York Peace Institute, 2011
- Divorce Mediation Training, New York Peace Institute, 2011
- Basic Mediation Training, Community Boards, 2011
- Mediation Intensive Training, Center for Understanding in Conflict, 2011
- Guardianship Mediation Training, Center for Human Development, 2012
- Conflict Coaching, Community Boards, 2012
Additional Mediation Experience
- Volunteer Mediator, Case Developer & Coach – SEEDS Community Resolution Center
- Volunteer Mediator – Community Boards
- Volunteer Guardianship Mediator – Center for Human Development
- Volunteer Mediator – Office of Citizen Complaints
Additional Legal Experience
- Litigation Associate at Kasowitz, Benson, Torres & Friedman LLP 2008-2010
- Law Clerk to the Honorable Donald M. Middlebrooks of the United States District Court, Southern District of Florida 2007-2008
- Attendee at the ACR Family Section Conference 2011
- 2013 Term Vice Chair of the Alameda County Bar Association ADR Executive Committee
- New York